Culled from a variety of research (details below), here are persuasive facts that should motivate all local businesses to invest in their online presence.
1. 97% of consumers use the Internet when researching local products and services.
2. 140 billion local searches are expected in 2014.
3. 95% of smart phone users have looked for local information.
4. 36% say that a clear and smart website gives a local business more credibility. 32% are more likely to contact a local business if they have website.
5. 98% of searchers choose a business on page 1 of their search results.
6. 88% of consumers consult online reviews before they purchase local services.
7. 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
8. 77% of smart phone users contact a business after looking for local information.
9. 59% of mobile users who look for local information visit the business the same day.
10. The #1 reason for doing an online search is to find the location for a known business.
11. 72% of small businesses are using social media to promote their businesses.
12. 7 out of 10 consumers are more likely to use a local business if it has information available on a social media site.
(Research from BIA/Kelsey, Google, comScore, and BrightLocal)
Popular PostsView all posts
- Mobile Searches and Google Warnings
- Easy Social Marketing Tips to Help You Build Your Fan Base
- Reputation Marketing: Turning Reviews Into Gold!
- Making Local Marketing Work for Franchises
- Social Media Focus: Ten Tips on Using Instagram for Your Business
- Reputation Management – Three Ways It Pays
- Self Scouting Your Business Reputation
- Website Tips: Converting Visitors into Contacts and Customers